Friday, August 8, 2014

Prayers & Dreams

We cannot BELIEVE this little boy has not come yet!  Life is so up in the air each day right now.  I feel like I should be "normal" and taking care of everything, but I do not physically feel normal or strong enough... It's so weird to be in the middle... it's ok to be up and about, but I don't have it in me to do everything I wish I could.

But look what I did today!  I CLEANED UP BREAKFAST!  My kitchen looks good in the morning and for once in the last 3 months, it's because of ME!  (I didn't sweep, but the dishwasher is running and that's as good as it's gunna get today.)

PRAYERS:  We have been praying for so long as a family that our baby will stay in mommy until he is healthy and ready to come.  This past week, we have been telling the boys that it is ok for him to come now.  However, last night as Parker was praying he said, "please bless Mommy and the baby... to stay how they are..."  In the middle of the prayer I gasped and said, "NO!"  Automatic response- I even startled myself!  Not very reverent, but we all kind of laughed.  And Parker clarified that he meant, "UNTIL the day the baby comes."

DREAMS:  I myself have been having crazy pregnancy dreams for a while now.  I've dreamed that I could suck my tummy in really hard and see the baby's face... I've dreamed many times that he has been born... but last night even my HUSBAND started the dreams!  He dreamed that baby was born and a few minutes later, he started raising his eye brows up and down (like Beckham does) and saying, "Pizza?  Pizza?"  Maybe it's a sign that I need to eat pizza tonight and he will come... 

UPDATE:  I didn't write about my doctor appointment this week.  It was on Wednesday.  I hadn't dilated much, but it had been less than a week since my last and FINAL progesterone shot, so it still hadn't worn off.  Dr. B said to come back on Tuesday, and if I am dilating more by then, it's a possibility that I might be able to get started.  I just cannot fathom that I may have to be induced on my FOURTH pregnancy!  If the baby doesn't come by tomorrow, it will officially be the longest I have ever been pregnant.  Something to say for those progesterone shots, I guess...  HOWEVER, I do know that bed rest was necessary.  I have had some people ask me, "so did you really even need to be on bed rest?!"  Obviously, there is no way of knowing how things would have happened if I hadn't stayed down, but at the beginning of May when this whole thing started, I was very upset and in denial.  I specifically prayed to know if this was REALLY necessary.  I received a direct answer that yes, it was.  I cannot say exactly WHY it was necessary, but I trust the answer that I received.  

So be warned- if you see me out and about, and you happen to ask me if bed rest was necessary, I might punch you in the face!  :)        

1 comment:

  1. I love Parker's little prayer! :) Kids say the most sincere prayers. Way to hang in there sister! This has been hard on you, no doubt. My family and I can't wait to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete