Sunday, August 10, 2014

8 lb 11 oz of Pure Squish and Perfection!

He is FINALLY here!  We made it one day shy of 38 weeks!

Zander McKay Zaugg
August 9, 2014
7:04 am
8 lb 11 oz
20 inches



Thursday night and Friday morning (Aug 7 & 8) were a little rough... I kept thinking I was going into labor, but then I kept falling back asleep.  I think my mind wouldn't let my body go into labor because I was SO excited to go on a date to Olive Garden with my husband for dinner Friday evening!  I hadn't been out to eat (or really out hardly anywhere) in so long!  And we made it- we got to go to Olive Garden.  Yum!

Then we made one walking loop around Target.  I could barely support myself.  I was hanging half my weight on Darin.  We went home and contractions were minimal.  I was kind of bummed.  But in family prayer that night, Corbin said, "Please bless Zander to come tonight."  First time any of us have asked for that specifically, and the good Lord answered a child's prayer!

By 2:00 am, contractions started kicking in.  At first, I thought it would be a repeat of the previous night and that they would die down.  But I couldn't go back to sleep.  Finally at 4:00 am I asked Darin to call his mom to come stay with the kids.  We got to the hospital at about 4:30.  I was dilated to a 5!  I can't even tell you how happy I was to hear the nurse say, "It looks like today is the day!"  YAY!  

And the NEXT good news was that my doctor wasn't technically out of town.  He was just "out of commission" for 6 hours a day over the weekend.  He was already at the hospital that morning, so he came in and broke my water.  (I had to have this baby before he left for his golf tournament at 10:00!)  By 7:00 am I was pushing and at 7:04 there he was- PURE SQUISH AND PERFECTION.

Big brothers came to visit before lunch:

And came again this morning:
We love our little Zander-Man!





1 comment: